Message in a bottle

Arthur Calame (1843-1919), Crépuscule

Greetings, wanderers on the endless seas of history

I have lately been occupied with trying to finish my research article on Margaret Cavendish and skepticism. The progress has been sort of slow but I aim to have a working draft by mid-Autumn or so. Need to take a bit of a break from research in August to work on the application for Marie Sklodowska Cure Actions Postdoctoral Fellowship application, and will also be teaching again in Autumn (more on that later).

In the meanwhile, I will be presenting my philosophical research during the coming two weeks in the following places:

On the 23rd of July, I will be Ikaalinen, Finland, presenting on the Philosophy of Dinosaurs in XVI Puistofilosofia -week. My presentation will start at 5pm (EEST) in Talo Rannalla.

On the 28th of July, I will present online on Émilie Du Châtelet and Voltaire in the Libori Summer School 2026 at 11:30am CEST (12:30pm EEST), organized by the Center for the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists.

Finally, on the 1st of August, I will give an online presentation on Cavendish's panpsychism and the so-called metaphysical deflationist debate in the 4th Cavendish Collective Virtual Workshop at 10am EDT (5pm EEST).

I have also been going through my back catalogue of writings and will soon publish two previous texts of mine in this blog as English translations (originally written in Finnish). Will later also write a completely new text specifically for this blog. So look forward to those!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message in a bottle

Robert Plot and Scrotum humanum: The Weird Early History of Paleontology